Tuesday 7 February 2012

Frozen Fountains of Zurich

In case you are unaware, things have have been very cold here; not just better put on a pair of gloves cold, but toes falling off ears stinging cold and that is with every possible bodily surface covered at least twice (well bar my eyes as I still need to see). Things are starting to thaw out though.
But just to prove this point I've decided to do a little photo post of some frozen fountains.
Fountain 1 at the Hauptbahnhof- frozen solid

Fountain 1, the water seemed to have literally stopped mid flow




Fountain 2, still running but the frozen splash had made a bell shape

Fountain 2 "bell" close up
Fountain 3, like a macaron of solid ice

Fountain 3; I tried smashing it with my elbow. No luck
Fountain 4, frozen solid and smashed before I could do it

Fountain 4, smashed close up
Fountain 5, solid with no water flowing
Fountain 6, interesting sculpture with interesting ice


You may have been thinking that many of my recent posts are weather related, well you are right. Well you know what I don't really care because when the temperatures drop into the minus double digits I currently sympathise with Badgers and hedgehogs and have gone into hibernation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...